National Programme Officer
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Operational in Pakistan since 1981, IOM has been implementing variety of programmes related to humanitarian assistance in response to disasters and crisis, resettlement movement and operations, migration management and migration health.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and direct supervision of Senior Programme Manager, and in close coordination with related partners, the National Project Officer will be responsible for participatory planning, smooth coordination, and effective and efficient implementation and oversight of IOM’s program to promote diaspora engagement in strengthening the health sector in Pakistan in close coordination with government and non-government partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work closely with Senior Programe Manager to coordinate and facilitate smooth implementation of the IOM Development Fund program which aims to strengthen the health sector in Pakistan by addressing the most urgent health needs in Pakistan through engagement of diaspora men and women.
- Support development and implementation of effective strategies to engage qualified Pakistani diaspora health professionals to contribute to the strengthening of the national health system in Pakistan using a gender inclusive approach.
- Coordinate creation of communication tools, design and development of social media content for an effective outreach of Pakistani diaspora and support consultants in the development and maintenance of database.
- Provide technical support to the Yaran e Watan platform which is recently launched by Ministry of National Health Services and Regulations and Coordination (MNHSRC) as well as establish linkage with IOM’s iDiaspora platform.
- Assist in liaising with line Ministries and partners in conducting technical workshops virtually and physically to learn from past and ongoing diaspora engagement initiatives across the world and replication in Pakistan.
- Coordinate virtual and physical skills transfer trainings led by highly qualified Pakistani professionals in the diaspora to health professionals working in public and private sectors in Pakistan.
- In coordination with relevant counterparts at the Ministry, engage Pakistani men and women diaspora in emergency response initiatives and activities in Pakistan, including in COVID-19 response and coordinate deployment of Pakistani emergency specialists to support such responses.
- In close coordination with Senior Program Manager, participate in the central Advisory committee at the Ministry of Health and MOPHRD and develop sustainable coordination mechanism with sister UN agencies and partners.
- Prepare regular project reports at defined intervals to senior IOM management for review and further coordination, including close coordination with IOM’s Regional Office Thematic and Evaluation Specialists to develop high quality project and M&E reports.
- Support Senior Programme Manager and Programme Development Officer in developing new proposals and concept notes, including identifying opportunities for funding, and input for budgets preparations.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Health, or other related social Sciences from recognized institution, or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned fields with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in developing Policy and National Strategic Plans, preferably in health sector.
- Experience in working with Government Departments and partner liaison.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in analysis on gender and health is essential.
- Strong writing skills in English language required and ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous working experience in international organizations and UN would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is essential, including proficient English writing skills.
- Working knowledge of other regional languages would be desirable (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi etc.)
We would encourage Female candidates to apply.